- FSLF gave 10 bags of groceries on Dec, 22, 2007 as Christmas gifts to the 10 families who recently moved from their dwelling along Sampaloc Lake to the Gawad Kalinga (GK) Unityville I. This was at a cost of P300/bag. In addition, new FSLF members Bobby and Kathy Chan also donated loaves of bread to all GK residents.
- FSLF is requesting for a conference with GK local officials to explore alternatives to the sluggish housing construction problems. FSLF is looking at the idea of possibly revisiting the exclusivity agreement for building homes between GK and the LGU at the GK Unityville site. FSLF will recommend that beneficiaries will be allowed to build their own homes on their assigned lots (within a set guidelines, yet to be established).
- FSLF contributed P1,000 to GK daycare fieldtrip to Avalon Zoo.
- FSLF members participated in a Tanggol Kalikasan (TK)-led summit. TK invited stakeholders and had a consensus-building meeting at Siesta Residencia de Arago. The summit participants identified problems and possible actions
- There are already plans to build a boardwalk along Sampaloc Lake by the LGU without the knowledge of LLDA officials. FSLF will schedule a meeting with all the concerned citizens to look into lakes issues. This may include a briefing on Cong. Ivy Aragos proposed Congressional bill to remove the seven lakes from under LLDAs authority.
- Dr. Rodel Lasco* has agreed to served as member-consutant for FSLF efforts to protect our lakes.
* Dr. Rodel D. Lasco, 2007 Nobel Peace Prize awardee as one of the coordinating lead authors of the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change)